Subject: Re: Amiga <-> NT Filesharing Success!
From: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 19:03:04 -0500

> > There's another problem with using a null-modem setup...as far as I know, 
> > there is not any File Server software available that will allow you to 
> > mount another machines drives and access them directly.
> 
> Twin Express allows access to PC partitions from the Amiga, and access to 
> the Amiga's partitions from the PC.   You can do anything normal that you 
> would when actually on the computer.. except of course launching a program 
> and having it come up on the Amiga.

I think you're limited to a CLI, right?

There's a program called FTPMount on AmiNet that some of you may find 
useful.  When you run it, it makes a disk on the WorkBench called FTP.  
Double click on the disk, and there are directories inside.  The 
directories are actaully links to FTP sites, which are treated as just 
part of the Amiga filesystem.

This means that once you set up FTPMount, you can have your Amiga see FTP 
sites (like a WinNT render slave) and download files by simple dragging 
the file from the Workbench, or by using DOpus.  You can even load scenes 
from the slave onto your Amiga, since FTP: will show up in the file 
requester.

This should save some of the hassle of transfering files back and forth.

-- Joe